Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the general theme of the book White Oleander by Janet Fitch?

Is it the relationship between mother and daughter? Or could it be beauty, and how Ingrid was beautiful but dangerous? I have a report on this book so I was just wondering what people think :)

What is the general theme of the book White Oleander by Janet Fitch?
White Oleander. I absolutely love this story. Ingrid's struggle for acceptance was the general theme. True, her mother did abandon her by being incarcerated; but Ingrid's NEED to feel love and replace a motherly figure in her life was her major goal.
Reply:I got the idea that kids see their parents as hero's even when they do something terrible and wrong. Also to grow as a person, you must detach yourself from that belief and see that every person is just that, a human.


Yes, my view is strange but I'm also an artist and sometimes we think differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment