Saturday, November 14, 2009

After put pieces from an oleander plant into water for a few days can I plant them directly into the ground?

I had a friend who actually rooted Oleander in water. So, I'd just wait.





The other way to go would be to make new cuttings and let the ends dry out for a day or so. Be sure to cut just BELOW a joint. That is where new roots will form best. The white milky sap stays wet and might prevent it from rooting in soil right away. After the sap has dried dip the ends in a rooting hormone(as stated above) and start in a pot first. I would wait until I see new growth before replanting in the ground. Besides, it is still way too hot to plant.





Good luck :-)

After put pieces from an oleander plant into water for a few days can I plant them directly into the ground?
you could, but dipping the cut tips into rooting hormone such as rootone will triple your chance of success. and I would always start them in a potting soil first before the ground
Reply:erock 247 is correct, just a word of caution. Some people get a poison ivy like rash from the sap. be carefull


No comments:

Post a Comment